Monday, March 19, 2007

my week and yummie recipe

It has been to long. Just wanted to share a really tasty dish I invented tonight. After having shed 2 litres of water doing Bikram Yoga - or Yoga in a room of 40 degrees C and fallen exhausted asleep on my bed at 7. Really there was no reason for sleeping, but I must have forgotten the gulp water when I got home. Believe me, I have NEVER sweated so much EVER in 90 minutes of posing in front of a mirror. The week has been really really nice, Andreas , a friend from home (see picture of him in a july 2006 post I think) came on his way to Cuba and Brazil, so we could enjoy each other´s company, discuss Norwegian politics and the future of environmentalism. Molto interessante, indeed. It felt very good having someone from home come to visit, and him being an exceptionally nice person of course contributed to that. He is such a cool kid, in fact, that he got invited to take our soon-to-be available room. Yesterday, Terence from UWCAD (04-06) came to visit on his way back home from his South East Asia and Oceania trip the last 8 months. We had a good time, and I got to know him better. I love how I went to school with 200 people and am still making better friends. That came out a bit funny.. Anyway, we walked around Davis today, I now have got a GOLD nose-ring instead of a silvercoloured one. It is Wonderful. Then we had ginger-ale at the European restaurant/bar Little Prague here in Davis, and I got such a I-am-back-in-Duino feeling, more specifically Al Castel - pretending I don´t have exams to study for in one day, now, soon. Which leads me to my recipy:
half an onion
two cloves garlic
9 mushrooms
2 radishes (reddik)
Fry. Mushrooms need shorter time than onions, but I started with the mushrooms and it went fine. Put on a lid if you do the same, so some of the moisture is retained. Add
5 medium sized pieces of Cauliflower, small pieces
a roughly cut fresh tomato
Let simmer for the time it takes to boil potatoes (about 20 minutes)
Add
Sweet-sour Chili sauce (don´t be modest, lots!)
Soy Sauce ( I have this thing, Braggs Amino Acids, it is slighly saltier than SS, but SS would do the trick too!)
Remember to have lid on, so the moisture doesn´t evaporate and when you take it off, shake the water from the lid down into the pan again. It makes a nice little sauce.
It is yummie! Eat with rice, potatoes or bread or whatever starchy. And it shouldn´t harm adding some basil. :)
>

0 kommentarer: