Monday, September 04, 2006

killing time

I am in my friends appartment in Oslo, she and two friends are sleeping in the living room after some pints. I was all ready to leave 25 minutes ago, but just in time discovered that I was an hour early - I mean before I had carried allm y luggage down two floors and started waiting for the taxi to take me to the train station. Would have become a long wait...! Glad a little bel was ringing ( very low) telling me I should look at the watch one more time.

Have had a really good time the last 5 days, just being here, I guess it can be called "holiday", just travelling to and from Oslo and to my niese and nephew two of the days, else been sitting in cafe's trying to see my friends as much as I could before leaving. Only thing is - they have all started university or other commitment, so I must have been a little deterrent from doing more useful stuff. and probably a nice distraction. Funny enough, I have this feeling - quite a strong one - that I should just stay here and share a flat with someone and enroll at the University of Oslo and be a part of the community here. Instead, I am flying around like a maniac. Right now, I do not feel like leaving, although I have plenty of exciting things to look forward to. Meeting Karlis, my ex-boyfriend, will definetely be quite an event, but I am not sure whether what how why etc.

My future housemates seem very nice, I am not quite sure how many we will be, but it is Marisol, Marguerite, Jenny, Matt and Derek that I know of, and then five or six others. And the chickens. And a cat. I have chosen my courses so far, but will hae to scrap one of them - we are supposed to have 12-16 credits per term, i.e. 3 classes per term, or four if one is brave. I think that is how, yes.

Just to give you an idea of the situation. My friend Andreas told me that he had heard that for long travels with the danger of jet lag one would be better of re-arranging your time/life rhythm to the place where you are going a little bit before you are going, thus readjusting your meals and your habits etc. Well, that means that although it is 04.15 in Norway time of writing, my head tries to get used to the fact that is is only a quarter past eight in the evening. Everyone else is sleeping, I am desperately trying to stay awake, digest my "dinner" that I had around norweyan time 01:00 am telling myself it was really 6 pm. Yeah right. Well, that is the project, and the taxi is coming in 20 minutes to drive me to the train station so I can catch the train to the air port where I will have to wait 2 hours and a half before I go to London - Vanc - Seattle - Pasco/Kennewick - Walla-Walla. By the time I am in WW it will be past 1 am, probably, and I will have been travelling for more than 28 hours. I am fucking nervous. What if something goes wrong on the border? what if they don't let me in for some beauraucratic reason? Yes, it might be irrational, but I am dead scared of paper works and unhelpful people behind desks that seem totally oblivious of the fact that you are far from home and feel all alone in the world (when in fact, you are just one of thousands travelling, but noone knows each other and all are just as lonely (unless they enjoy being one in thousand alone on a unknown airport)).

so that's the stor. In fact, morning glory! (it is now 04:24 am) or shall I say 8:25 pm?

0 kommentarer: