Tuesday, September 05, 2006

United States of America part I

I am sitting in a computer room at Whitman College, outside of Seattle. The town is named after an indian tribe called Walla-Walla. It is warm outside, but not uncomfortable. However, have not been that much out except from sitting in one of those benches that don't have legs but hangs from the ceiling, and walking from the Study Abroad Fair across a field to where we had lunch. And what a lunch!! York can just go to sleep, this is actually real Food. Vegan, vegetarian, meat eaters as well probably (didn't check) can eat amazingly good and healthy food. I guess it comes with a prize though, as it is Very expensive unless you are on a scholarship. However, compared to white bread hummus sandwhich and orange juice at Langwith, this is totally worth it.

The travel went fine except from numerous toilet visits and that I was so tired I thought I actually might collapse. I almost did when Karlis and Amber came and got me at the airport, (9 am Norwegian time, 28 hours after I left, without sleeping since night to sunday), with a bouqet of sunflowers, mint and pretty white flowers...

I am staying here a week, maybe I'll write some more while I'm here, it is a very interesting part of the world with Native American, french canadian catholics and "american' influence. it is also has a range of smells from boiled cabbage (the paper mill) to animal intestines. yummie.

so long.

0 kommentarer: