Today has been quite a good day.
It started too early, at 04.30 when my housemates with friend and friend´s fling came home and started laughing and chatting and I thought they would stay put for an hour or so. So I sent a text message (perhaps a cowardly action) reminding them it was 04.30 and that I spent a long time falling a sleep (I tend to do that lately), and if they would please mind close the "nachspiel" down for the night. They did.
What I didn´t hear - luckily - is that the friend and her fling had fun in my housemates room - four times in four hours...! (I mean...how...?). I am so glad I was in my room, and not sleeping on the coach in the living room as my other housemate´s friend was.
I fell asleep again after they calmed down, and woke up by a call from my mother´s friend, who drove all the way from northern Norway to Oslo with my desk and a small chest from home. Perhaps I will put some pictures up of them. So we spent the morning screwing them together, and I offered him an espresso (well, technically, an americano, if you want to know), while listening to stories from the good old days.
Then I ate oatmeal and read the paper, before I freshened up and painted my nails red. Oh, yes, they are very red indeed, now.
Walked to the library, the main library in Oslo is quite the building, called the Deichmanske bibliotek. I was apalled to see they had nothing on the topic of Raw Food, but borrowed a book about food and health, How to breathe / breathing exercises, Jewish cooking, and Yoga - how to relax.
My friend who were going to take me and Katja to the Norsk Folkemuseum went to a party last night, so she suggested we´d postpone until tomorrow. Which I had kind of expected, so it was fine, instead I spent the little money I have on an overprised sandwich (64 NOK), and started reading about food and health. Then I met Katja, who wanted to buy coffee for her friend back in Russia (who is now also my friend :) ) when I suggested she might want to buy something fairtrade or organic ("I tend to always buy fairtrade coffee, or organic..."), which she immediately said she would do to, and remembered something I had forgotten - the Fairtrade shop a couple of streets down.
At the fairtrade shop, I met an old friend of mine. Pleasant rendez-vous, there, and we all could speak Russian together. Katja and I wanted to drink coffee ourselves by now, and were on our way to a café when we saw the price list of coffee on a table outside the fairtrade shop. 10NOK for a coffee (yes, fairtrade and organic!). So back we went, bought coffee. And we got chocolate for free...!
Chatting with my stariy friend, a friend of Katja walked by, turns out, he is from Rwanda, and we took him with us to the African Help Centre. No, that was a very bad joke, we went to the African community house in Oslo, where there was a show and games and stuff for kids. (K works in a kinder garden). That was fun. Might to a drum course there once.
Anyway. Home, food, tv for an hour, finding out about the juicy business from last night, housemates leaving to drink beer, put the Les Miserables on the record player and sung my lungs out.
And to end a very eventful day, my big sister called, and my Mariel called.
Sweetness, both of them, and life can continue, I am ready for it.
Saturday, April 04, 2009
Today is gonna be the day
Lagt inn av
Miss Winther
på
4/04/2009 09:26:00 pm
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 kommentarer:
The second paragraph amuses me for two stand-out reasons.
"Coach" can mean two things. It may refer to a form of bus, which I am quite sure you don't have - not that it would fit, anyhow - in your living-room. It may also refer to a person in charge of some form of physical sports activity, like a soccer coach. Was it then a coach you've all been lying on in the living-room?
Then again, it might as well just be a couch you have there in your living-room.
And yes, I did find this quite a pleasureable comment to make, thank you.
Post a Comment