So, it looks like I have a new reader! Great, a little incentive to write more :)
I have this desire to write, but I haven´t taken it very far yet... it is sort of hard to write stuff that is relevant and not just "stream of consciousness". And my poems normally stay in the purple barcelona book Mariel gave me, what, 3, years ago.
So, it just turned the 18th of May, that means that yesterday was Norway´s National Day, meaning the day the constitution was signed at Eidsvoll by the upper class nobility in 1814 after 300 years under Danish rule. However, if you think we became independent by that penstroke, think again! We entered another union, handed conveniently from Denmark to Sweden because Denmark lost a war. British Imperialism goes far and wide, we stayed as a sub-country of Sweden for another 91 years.
So what are we shearing for, then? well, the upper class nobility wanted norway to be separate from all the countries that had military parades on the day of their independence or other related memorial days -- instead it should be the day of the children!
And THAT is why the streets of Oslo look like this every 17th of May followed with 10 ice creams each and hot dogs (well...) and gas-balloons and fair-rides.
The main street in Oslo, Karl Johan, and the hills behind
and this is the building where they wrote the constitution the 17th of May 1814.
copyright Aftenposten.no Stian Lysberg and Paul Kleiven
Oh, I should include what I WOULD be wearing had I been at home today:*me and my cousins May 2003*My aunts and uncle:
href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhJNfAXUPEteG1CalB2xMAlt2WNRe3Dn6s67W7Jkh8oWHSgNLyqHSXuiyUpESHvS7FORNO-oBcwOU82BVt_lL3MMaHHduSUfzr4pzn9pGiJosJwmmO6Vj8sbKUKi9WF09084zk6gQ/s1600-h/P6010232.JPG">
Friday, May 18, 2007
17.mai [settande mAy]
Lagt inn av
Miss Winther
på
5/18/2007 05:31:00 am
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 kommentarer:
I seriously need to go to Norway at some point, I've been wanting to for ages! Oh and I forgot to say, the lip piercing looks awesome! Hope you're ok!
Martin
Post a Comment