Mix together in a large mixer bowl:
1 package active dry yeast (I used to tablespoons "rapid riser", and that was more than enough)
1/4 cup sifted white flour (whole wheat would probably also work)
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons dried minced onions or 2 teaspoons grated onion (I cut 1/6 of an onion in small pieces)
Combine and gradually add to the yeast mixture:
1 to 2 tablespoons butter (I think I added three...)
1/4 cup 120 to 130 degrees Fahrenheit water (Whatever!!!)
Beat 2 minutes at medium speed (I love technology - and living in a house that cooks, that means we have all these fancy equipments), scraping bowl occasionally. Add:
1 cup lukewarm large-curd cottage cheese. (I used natural yoghurt. Soy would maybe work, however, I am not sure. But it should).
1 lightly beaten egg
1/2 cup sifted flour
Beat at high speed 2 minutes. Beat in to make a stiff batter:
1 1/2 cups sifted flour
Cover and let rise until doubled in bulk. (Believe me, it will!). Stir down and transfer to a well-greased 1 1/2 quart (whatever that is. I used a normal bread-) casserole. Cover and let rise until doubled in bulk. Bake in preheated 350 degreees Fahrenheit oven 35 to 40 minutes. Top with:
Melted butter
A sprinkle of salt (ooops! I forgot!!)
It is really really yummy, and guaranteed success, at least if people like dill!
Adapted from The All purpose cookbook, JOY of Cooking by Rombauer and Rombauer Becker, page 604.
Friday, November 10, 2006
To My Dill-Lover
Lagt inn av
Miss Winther
på
11/10/2006 04:28:00 am
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 kommentarer:
Post a Comment