In my mood, and in the course of studying, procrastination is a greater proportion of my activities than I would like to admit. Thus I translated (very very quickly, and not necessarily very correct) a song that I listen to in cycles. It is called Flaming Bullet (Ei Eldkule) by the nynorsk singer-songwriter Odd Nordstoga. Some times, I identify myself with 'her', distant, outsider, a travelling stranger. I too, yearn; I try to break those barriers. (I do feel the flaming bullet in me is not hidden, though!) :) ..and I am not so much alone, either..
She was alone
under her blouse
there were no prints
above her blouse,
was a face
a face no one had felt
together with the others
she was trapped by the calm of the outsider
where she sat,
with people and bustle
she was
beyind expression
and beyond answer
but within her eyes was a flaming bullet
a flaming bullet not yet found
Then came the night when she was found
by a boy who saw her as she were
he came towards her
he came towards, now
she sunk together and felt herself shaking
she looked at her watch
it was four minutes till the first bus home
eight steps down the stairs, out on the road
she saved herself this time, too
This time too, she walked away with a yearning
and back was the boy with an embrace
But no one came about, and perhaps that was just as well,
so she didn't break any barriers,
and no one had to see how sad she was for it,
But inside her eyes was a flaming bullet,
a flaming bullet yet not found
but inside her eyes was a flaming bullet
- written in Norwegian by Odd Nordstoga, translated by EMW
Thursday, February 21, 2008
Soppy sop-sop :) [Ei Eldkule]
Lagt inn av
Miss Winther
på
2/21/2008 04:48:00 pm
Etiketter: cheesy, love, mood, soppy, travelling
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 kommentarer:
Post a Comment