Thursday, July 13, 2006

Artsy Oslo

Then I enjoyed the Oslo sun two whole days and got a bit sunburnt again. OH DEAR, how will I look in the Californian sun??? Sunscreen 30 and remember to ask my friends to butter up my back instead of ehem, forgetting. Sounds like a plan. Also walked a little bit around in the town, Karl Johan - which is the main street with all the bars and shops and mostly no cars. The National Gallery, where quite a few of Munch's pictures are, Tidemann and Gude (Norwegian National Romanticism etc (Dear Henry, I wish I did World cultures with you, I have absolutely no idea of the correct English terms in this field!!). Behind the gallery there was a maize and inside it I found a palm which made a nice shadow on a pink wall, and then I took some pictures of the architecture of Oslo. It has lots of old "bygårder" appartement buildings from the early 20th century.

Gustav Vigeland sculpture outside the National Gallery. I think it is one of the nicest sculptures I know of. Reminds me how fragile we are and how we need each other. A stark contrast to the kissing couple in Trieste, Italy, on the same theme.






















Pink Palm


















Not Very typical house at Grønland, Oslo. This area is probably the most multicultural area in the whole of Norway...























One of the entrances to the building appartments where my friend Andreas lives. (I lost the picture but it will soon come back)

1 kommentarer:

SAJ said...

Have you ever seent he sculptures at the Rodin museum in Paris?
Last time I was in Oslo, Munch's The Scream was stolen - the mental image of someone trying to lift and steal a large statue amuses me.

Have fun in the US.
Samir