My back hurt so incredible much. 2 days after staying out in the sun from 13 o'clock eating mussels that my flatmate had bought by a mistake and did not want (!!) and drinking some beer, continuing drinking a bit more beer until late afternoon all the time sitting in the sun - my back still aches. The beer was not so bad nor too much. My sunscreen lotion was not too bad either, nor too little (sunscreen 30) - the only problem that now there is about a 20 * 7 cm area on the middle of my back that is bright red. Morale; do not try to be self-sufficient when it comes to buttering yourself with sun lotion. It does only trigger premature death and skin cancer. (And possible agony before that).
Anyway.
This is about the most exciting news in my life at the moment - I feel I am in this awfully trivial period of my life of just waiting. Waiting to go home, Waiting for the midnight sun, Waiting to feel the fresh sea breeze from Vestfjorden, Waiting for my essay to finish (oh, does it not just finish by itself, you say??) Waiting to go to the states, Waiting to see Karlis, Waiting to see Natalie, Waiting to know whether I will be living in a hippie commune (NO: kollektiv) with an organic garden and chickens, Waiting waiting waiting... Waiting so much that it sometimes feels like I have forgotten to be here - York, UK, and live my life here. I feel like I am just faffing about, sleeping, not eating properly, being sunburnt and procrastinating.
On Saturday the Glee singers, [glee-Part of Speech: noun Definition: happiness Synonyms:
blitheness, cheerfulness, delectation, delight, elation, enjoyment, exhilaration, exuberance, exultation, fun, gaiety, gladness, hilarity, jocularity, jollity, joviality, joy, joyfulness, joyousness, liveliness, merriment, mirth, pleasure, sprightliness, triumph, verve] which I have been a part of the last two months have a concert, which will be nice.
And on Friday and Saturday I am going to work at Alligator, an independent organic little food shop. But then it was my essays... (which from now on are tw; another one in Ecology about the Role of Predators in Ecosystems, and 3 practical write ups - just got to know that yesterday. It is instead of having an exam in Octo
Tuesday, June 13, 2006
Trivialities
Lagt inn av
Miss Winther
på
6/13/2006 01:41:00 pm
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 kommentarer:
You know, the irony is that by attending more to your blog, you only exacerbate the feeling of waiting and your disconnectedness from York and the present; yet it is sooo natural to turn to the computer in times like that.
p.s. why the fuck do you have word verification???? ziiugwgg
Because otherwise there are nice friendly people who tells you how topic specific your blog is (...) and how good it is, and then invite you to come and see theirs. it is bloody annoying when you think you have gotten comments from friends.. and those are the only ones you've got. So I'd rather keep it there! :)
oh, and , yes, I know, you are very right. Yesterday I fell into an evil spiral of waitingness. Cheers!
Post a Comment