Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Last week in UK

All is well that ends well?

Trying to write an essay at the same time as leaving is not the best idea. But I have been having such a good time the last weeks, I wouldn't want to swap it with sitting inside doing this "small scale urban forest management" project. So here I am, on my last night in York for a year - in Goodricke college computer room. Oh joy.

Tomorrow afternoon I am off to London to visit Isabelle, a friend of mine from University. She is going to show me all her nice places in London, parks and pubs and galleries. The programme is not clear to me yet, though.

On Friday, I am going to Wimbledon. I believe it is the French Open, and Ric has invited me to come along for a cultural experience involving many many tennis ..hm...fields? courts? (yes?) and Sun and a very English drink called Pimms (with Lemonade).

Saturday is Going Home-time, or at least to Oslo. My friend Andreas will meet me at a tube station and together we will contemplate over Life's peculiar turns and twists.

Sunday. Possibly Sofienbergparken or another park. Reading. Pilsner.

Monday. Interview with the American embassy for a visa. Sounds like fun. Not.
Jollier is the fact that I will see my niese and my nephew again and Aunt ElMarie will take them to the big airport on the big bus and we will fly the loooong way to their grandma.

That's it. Then I'll be Home.

Jolly good...

3 kommentarer:

Elisabeth said...

Hallo frøken. Hvordan blir det å komme hjem? Reise fra sussebassen og greier? Tell me more, tell me more.
Fjellturen ser ut til å bli fra onsdag til fredag i uke 29. Hååååper det passer for deg og. Er fullstendig helvete på jobb, så det er eneste tiden jeg har fri. Arg.
Et par-tre sjudagers uker i strekk nå framover.

Blir gøy å se deg igjen. :)

E.

Anonymous said...

Ellen! yo. fant akkurat mailen fra dæ i hotmailen, sjekka nesten aldri den, så æ har jo ikke holdt mæ oppdatert. kult at du e så my ut å reis. æ e no ferdig med jobb i NU, og skal forhåpentligvis studér juss i Bergen i høst. æ e i bodø 12.-22. juli. e du der da?

Miss Winther said...

joda, e her fra nu og til 26. juli, i første omgang. koffør har du laga link til paris hilton, ole magnus??? haha.